Lean Manufacturing in the UK
Lean Manufacturing practices will enable your factory to improve its output, whether that is OTIF (On Time in Full) delivery, improving skills or efficiency improvement.
If your business is looking to improve the performance of the operations and factories it runs then Lean Manufacturing will provide solutions. In our experience there are often questions around these solutions;
- How WILL Lean Manufacturing improvement practices actually improve our factories?
- How do we make them WORK FOR US in our operations and throughout the factory?
- How can I get my existing operations staff really involved in improvement activities across the business?
- What skills and expertise will my managers and staff get from being involved in Lean improvement activities?
- How does Lean Manufacturing improve Efficiency and On Time Delivery?
- How do we SUSTAIN the improvement and keep moving forward?
Providing Productivity Improvement Workshops to Leeds University and Goldman Sachs
Lean Manufacturing and Process Improvement techniques have been delivery efficiency improvements in large and small manufacturing businesses since the late 1980's.
In the past month you and your team will have become frustrated by having to;
- Organise an urgent late delivery to a customer.
- Searched high and low for a part you should have on stock but can't find.
- Expedite a parts order you are short of. Even when the part warehouse is full.
- Watch some areas of the factory cruise whilst others are overflowing with work.
- Work overtime to get an order out - overtime that wasn't costed for.
- Move stored equipment, spares, raw materials, finished goods etc to get at what they really need in the warehouse.
- Re-schedule the plan due to production "problems".
- Look for a tool, a works order, specification for an order.
- Re-do work you've already done once, because the specification has been changed.
- Answer a question from a customer; a question your customers, particularly the new ones always ask.
- Check the work of a qualified, experienced person to make sure it's right.
- Copy and paste information from different computer systems to try and keep information the same.
- Check raw materials and incoming parts because the quality hasn't been right.
All of these frustrations, waste your time and effort.
Time and effort you could have put into other orders, tasks, & activities.
Time that costs you money!
LEAN MANUFACTURING SOLUTIONS
Our Lean Manufacturing services have been developed to work in many organisations.
Whether you make different orders every day or the same products many times every month, every day.
Perhaps you are wondering how you can instil Lean and improvement practices into your Manufacturing and Operations functions in their own right or link them to improvement projects in the Distribution or IT functions or even elsewhere.
Maybe you want a single stand alone project, perhaps you have a thought that you need guidance on a series of projects.
Our Lean Manufacturing services can be developed to suit your situation, now and as it develops.
I understood Lean more in the first 5 minutes of training than I've learnt from 4 previous courses!!
Production Manager - Assembly Build
BENEFITS OF LEAN
ENQUIRE ABOUT A FREE LEAN REVIEW WITH MARK
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
How Does Lean Manufacturing Help You?
Lean Manufacturing gives you the tools, techniques and behaviours to help you find the daily frustrations.
From this you can find out how much time and effort they waste and implement solutions to sort them out.
Lean Manufacturing - How Many Frustrations Do You Have?
It's really simple to find out.
Ask and Listen! ask your staff and listen to their replies.
Ask your staff what stops them doing their job, ask them if they recognise any of the list above.
Ask them what frustrates them about doing the job and listen to their replies.
See if you can list the same 30+ frustrations that appear in our Free Lean Manufacturing Guide.
While you're at it, why not estimate how many times each of them happen each week and how much time you lose sorting them out.
Lean Manufacturing - Frustrations Lead to Wasted Time
- It takes LONGER to deliver work to your customers than it should - the wastes take up time; if you could get that time back when could you deliver?
- It COSTS you more to make your products for the Customer - who is paying for the wasted time? You or your customers? Right now you could be paying to waste time.
- You could be making MORE products with the same resources - IF you could get rid of the wasted time and effort, how much more could you make with the same equipment and staff?
What Does Lean Productivity Improvement deliver?
Improvement programmes can deliver a wealth of benefits;
benefits that are SUSTAINED when delivered correctly; benefits that include;
- increased profitability
- better on-time delivery
- lower costs
- lower Work In Progress
- improved KPI performance
- greater Employee Engagement
Delivering these benefits your improvement program, will open up strategic options and new possibilities which allow your business to grow.
Read Our Lean Manufacturing Blog for our latest insights to productivity and efficiency improvement in factories and operations management.
Go here for our general Lean Improvement Stories can be found here.
LEVANTAR (verb) - to lift, to raise up