Business Process Improvement Consultants UK
Business Process Improvement Consultants UK
We’ve been providing Business Process Improvement Consulting since 2005.
Providing Business Process Improvement consulting services to successful businesses across the UK & EU who find that their current processes are no longer delivering to meet their needs.
We’ve helped organisations to review, improve and optimise their processes in situations where the business;
- has grown fast and the original processes may no longer suit the business or its customers,
- thinks the business processes are too slow and they need them speeding up,
- believes that there are too many errors in the current business processes,
- processes need to be checked due to the impact of Covid-19.
We’ve worked on process improvement in businesses and organisations across many sectors;
- Manufacturing & Assembly plants
- Investment Companies
- Law Firms
- Food & FMCG
- Electrical Component Production
- Metal Fabrication
- Accounting Functions
- Furniture Production
We’ve developed the “Levantar Way” Process Improvement Pathway which has seen established, medium and large businesses and individual sites (£1m – £100m t/o) record major leaps forward in On Time delivery, increases in capacity for work and improved employee engagement in a few weeks.
It’s not uncommon to find potential capacity improvements of 20-30% in just a few short weeks.
If you’ve got concerns about your organisational processes, the first step should be to call MARK ON 01904 277007 to see if we can help.
How Can Processes be Improved?
Many people claim to be able to improve processes but what does Improve mean? It means making sure every step on your processes is optimised to deliver;
- FLOW – getting work from start to finish as quickly as possible, delivering quickly to customers
- QUALITY – making sure each step in a process adds value and is only ever done once. This keeps costs down and drives up capacity.
- TAKT TIME – only done when you need it, not too early, never late
- SELF MANAGEMENT – imagine a set of steps in a process, where those doing the work manage their own workloads and take on responsibility to let inform the business of any issues they face.
Business Process Improvement – which Processes can you improve?
Since 2005 we’ve worked in many different sectors and on many different types of process. The processes could you be thinking of improving, might include;
- Recruitment Processes, Employee On Boarding
- Quote to Sales, Bid to Tender
- Order to Cash
- “Manufacturing” Processes ( Every organisation delivers an “output”, turns inputs into something else by adding value)
- End Of Month Finance Reporting
- Client On Boarding
- Purchasing and Procurement Processes
- Invoice & Billing Processes
- Planning & Scheduling Processes
- Warehousing and Distribution Processes
Working with clients we’ve mapped, improved and optimised many process types across organisations and their functions. Even extending this work to include their suppliers and customers in the improvements.
Levantar Way Business Process Improvement Consulting
We mentioned our “Levantar Way” which is a Performance Improvement Pathway.
- Observe, Map and Understand – We build Value Stream Maps, using a combination of the Lean Manufacturing tools and The Value Stream work developed by Micheal Porter. These help us see what are the current steps in the process, across all the functions involved and the real state of play.
- Planning and Scheduling – often seen as a purely admin process, this quickly establishes how your process and the many steps are planned from day to day and across your departments. It can even be extended to include your suppliers.
- Find the 8 Lean Wastes in the current steps of the process – how can we improve by removing wasted time and effort.
- Achieve “Flow” – this getting the process to work as fast as possible from end to end . This achieved by removing the “low hanging fruit” of wasted time and effort and ensuring use parallel processing wherever possible.
- Software – is your software capable of delivering more for you and the team? Are you inputting or copying the the same information across multiple systems, wasting time checking inputs and data? Do you get the information you need for decision making quickly without needing to run it through Excel?
- People – does every step in your process have some one who delivers it? someone who manages it? self managing team members who flag when the process is failing?
Moving ahead any improvements made to the steps in the process means you’ll understand whether your IT and Software will keep in step and most importantly what is the impact on roles and responsibilities.
Business Process Improvement Consulting – Process Steps, Planning, Software, People and Results!
Every process in your Organisation will be made up of a number of steps.
These will often need the right people to do it, in the right order, at the right time with the right software.
It’s usual for business process improvement projects to find process steps that are delayed, provided with incomplete information, using software that isn’t fit for purpose or people that are unsure of the reason for the process step or it’s value.
Typical results include
- Up to 50% reduction in the time a process takes to deliver from end to end
- 20-30% increase in the capacity of an organisation
- EBITDA and Profitability Improvements.
- Improved business knowledge and employee engagement
ENQUIRE ABOUT OUR BUSINESS PROCESS IMPROVEMENT CONSULTING WITH MARK
Business Process Improvement Consultants – What Are Our Objectives?
As Business Process Improvement Consultants our objectives used to be straightforward. In simple terms it was about helping you create more value, for you and your customers, with fewer resources.
In this Covid-19 world this is different.
We are seeing and hearing a need for Business Process Improvement that leaves businesses with
- Processes that are agile, flexible, processes that can cope with daily changes of this VUCA world. Rigid processes that can’t flex are no longer viable in daily businesses.
- Digital Automation that delivers real ROI and improvement. The days of deploying digital technology for vanity reasons and failing to realise a return are probably over.
- The ability to cope with shorter planning horizons. Businesses in many sectors are realising that the ability to plan longer than 100-150 days ahead are gone.
- Cutting costs without reducing the value to customers.
Business Process Improvement should encourages your organisation on a path towards continuous improvement. It supports a long-term process where small changes are consistently and continuously implemented to your business processes. These small incremental changes are focused on increasing the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of your business to improve the value you provide.
BENEFITS OF BUSINESS PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
Business Process Improvement Consultants Deliver
Business Process Improvement Consulting – What Does It Take?
Every business, every organisation is different, even those in the same sector, competing with each other will be different.
Every organisation will have different department structures, use different software and IT, have different policies etc, etc.
Each organisation will have aim, objectives and has one common part, PEOPLE.
We find that business process improvement consulting starts with a process known as Inquiry
- The ability to listen and observe what is going on
- The desire to understand why things are happening as they are, without judgement
- The sharing of what the organisation wants to achieve, by when and why
- Seeking first to understand
Once this is completed we can make recommendations as to what to do, in what order and how long it will take.
The process of Inquiry helps us to gt to the heart of the issues with organisation quickly and ensures we offer solutions that meet the true requirements of the organisation. It allows us to offer soltuions that the business may not have considered or be aware of.
WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER IS THE AIM
DID WE TELL YOU? Our “Levantar Way” Process Improvement pathway is designed and updated by Mark Greenhouse, a Master of Engineering and Neil Harvey, an ACMA, CGMA Finance professional. So you get an operations view combined with the financial impact.
Our processes needed improving, to ensure we delivered our products on time, every time – they delivered.
CEO = Global Machinery Manufacturing
How Does a Lean Manufacturing Training Course Help You?
It gives you the chance to learn from and work with experienced sets of eyes and ears.
It gives you the chance to understand how see the ROOT CAUSES OF PROBLEMS.
It gives you the chance to learn how to DELIVER MORE FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS.
It gives you the chance to start removing the things that frustrate you every day;
- Rushed or Late Customer Deliveries
- Quality Failures
- Lack of Ownership
- Skills Shortages
Think about FRUSTRATIONS for a moment – you know the things you share about your day at work when you get home, go the pub, talk to your friends about the business.
Lean Manufacturing Productivity – How Many Frustrations Do You Have?
It’s really simple to find out.
Ask your staff what stops them doing their job, stops them getting on with it?
Ask them what frustrates them about doing the job and listen to their replies.
Listen to their replies, don’t dismiss.
While you’re at it, why not estimate how many times each of them happen each week and how much time you lose sorting them out.
A Manufacturing Productivity Example
A stores person takes a list of components and walks around the stores collecting component parts for an assembly. (The list came from the company) The parts are in part number order, not the order they are stored in or are used in.
The employee tick them off as they go, placing them in bags with the component id on, the bags go in a big box.
They are delivered to the engineer who must first, sort all the bags into the right order, checking that they have all the right parts and numbers of parts.
How much wasted time is in there? How much work is duplicated?
Why can’t the stores person deliver the parts in the right order to the engineer and help them focus on just building? Thereby increasing their productivity?
There are simple solutions to this and the many other frustrations you have.
Read Our Lean Manufacturing Blog for our latest insights to productivity and efficiency improvement in factories and operations management.
Go here for our general Lean Improvement Stories can be found here.
LEVANTAR (verb) – to lift, to raise up