Process Improvement Consultants UK
Process Improvement Consultants UK - Deliver Quicker.
It’s Friday afternoon the Operations Manager walks through the factory safe in the knowledge that orders are going through on time. Confident that Lead Times, Raw Materials Stocks and Labour Costs are in control.
The Finance Team have made sure all the payments and receipts are processed. They have all the data ahead of monthly reporting next week, ready for the FD and the Executive Team.
HR have ensured that the departments have followed the recruitment process and those new recruits will be heading into your business in a few weeks’ time, with the skills you need.
That IT software, you were promised, is up and running and saving hours of effort.
Recognise this? No of course not…
That’s why you’re here, right? Looking for a firm who provide Process Improvement Consulting.
If everything was OK, if the processes were on time, if your gut wasn’t telling you “we could be better, we could do more”, you wouldn’t be looking and we wouldn’t exist.
That’s not too say everything is wrong. The processes did work really well, you are successful, you have good order books, sometimes too good, many of our clients are at this point.
Our clients call us because;
- They’ve grown larger, they have more clients, they need to make more
- They product range and service support have increased; the business seems more complicated
- The business no longer delivers to clients fast enough
- There appear to be too many errors or checks in the current processes
- Or now, due to Covid and remote working you realise they may not be fit for purpose.
You want to discover if your processes can be made to deliver on time, all the time, whether they can be more responsive, adaptable, to what’s going on.
We exist because you’re not alone. Whatever the problems you face in your processes, we’ve seen them before in our 15 years of delivering improvements to business processes.
Process Improvement Consultants - What Do We Deliver?
What Do We Deliver? TIME.
Yes, we know you came here looking for Process Improvement Consultants. You were expecting we’d say improved processes.
Of course we deliver those but the reason you think your process are broken is time, right?
Your processes take too long. There are steps in the process which don’t deliver so you have to go back and make corrections. Processes seem to stop and wait for no reason. All of these waste time, time you could do so much more with.
We know how to get your processes to flow quickly, effectively and efficiently.
We know how to create time in your business from improving the processes. It’s what we’ve been delivering independently since 2005. We know the right tools, the right techniques to find and improve and how to deliver these to your teams.
It’s a simple business truth, if your business processes are improved and can deliver quicker, then it stands to reason they must also be cheaper, this will make them easier to control and manage. From then on you’ll find you have more time.
- More time to deal with more sales, to grow your business.
- More time to deal with training and developing staff, resolving and preventing issues.
- More time to focus on customers, your prospects and your business.
Our Process Improvement Consultants have run departments and businesses. We know that any process improvement work like this has to be delivered alongside your current work out; delivering for your customers.
We know that day to day issues will still happen whilst you’re improving processes. You’ll still have fires to put out as we go along, we’ve been there. We’ve been there on the Friday afternoon when things go wrong.
But the fires will get smaller and fewer and eventually disappear.
Process Improvement Consultants - What Results Do Our Clients Achieve?
What should you expect from Process Improvement Consulting?
Okay every client we work with is different; every client has different aims but here are just a few of the results our clients have achieved.
- Manufacturing Organisation – saw Overtime disappear and capacity grow by 33% in just 3 months.
- Global Leader in Printing Machinery – production times down from 47 days to 20, inside 4 months.
- UK Finance Firm – the time to process regulated client paperwork from start to finish (full checks, compliance, monies in accounts) reduced by over 60%
- Laboratory Organisation – dealt with 29% more orders and delivered more 24 hour turnaround requests.
- Machine Shop Job Turnaround – went to 50% of orders ready in under 10 days from just 10%.
- Legal Firm – improving client communication led to an increase in number of cases that could be handled by up to 35%
- Electro-Mech Assembly Company – output of it’s world leading machines increased from 8 a month to 12.
In all of these the organisations achieved these results with the SAME numbers of staff and resources. In fact a couple of them found they could release staff to work in other areas.
Imagine being able to deliver 20-35% more work with the same numbers of staff and resources.
Look again though, many of these mention that the organisations could do more, they went on to sell more, generate greater revenue.
If you can deliver more, faster and be sure of it, you can turn this into a sales winning proposition.
That’s what your Process Improvement Consultants and Programmes should be aiming for.
LEVANTAR (verb) – to lift, to raise up
Process Improvement Consulting Services - Get in Touch With Mark To Find Out More
We’ll Get Back To You in 24 hours OR Call Mark Greenhouse on 01904 277007 For a Chat About Our Process Improvement Consultants.
Which Business Types Invest In Process Improvement?
Our clients come from many sectors
- Manufacturing & Assembly plants
- Investment Companies
- Law Firms
- Finance & Insurance
- Food & FMCG
- Electrical Component Production
- Metal Fabrication
- Accounting Functions
- Furniture Production
Process Improvement Consulting - Which Processes Could Your Business Improve?
Our clients come from many sectors and departments, for his reason we’ve worked on many different types of process since 2005 and before if you include our employed time. The processes could you be thinking of improving, might include;
- Order to Cash
- Recruitment Processes, Employee On Boarding
- Quote to Sales, Bid to Tender
- “Manufacturing” Processes ( Every organisation delivers an “output”, turns inputs into something else by adding value)
- End Of Month Finance Reporting
- Client On Boarding
- Purchasing and Procurement Processes
- Invoice & Billing Processes
- Planning & Scheduling Processes
- Warehousing and Distribution Processes
Working with clients we’ve mapped, improved and optimised many process types across organisations and their functions. Even extending this work to include their suppliers and customers in the improvements.
Process Improvement Consultants - How Do We Work?
In this world of working from home, we can work with your on your process improvement activities remotely.
Working with your staff we help you identify which (key) processes could be improved to deliver better results. Aiming to improve the processes that can have the biggest impact first is always where we try and start.
Aiming to improve the processes which will resolve the issues you have in terms of delivering
- work on time,
- to the required standard,
- to controlled costs,
- what you customers need
We do this by first we understand the current state of play, of the key processes;
- How long do they actually take from start to finish?
- How many times is work “re-done” in them?
- How many times are people waiting in the process?
- How many departments, functions, individuals are delivering the process?
As an example think about buying a house; you instruct a solicitor and the process takes at least 3 months (12 weeks). In that time the legal work you pay for takes around 4 hours.
How many times do you ring up the solicitor to check on progress? or how often do they get you to re-check or confirm paperwork you’ve sent? or how long are they waiting for others to respond to them? We look for similar issues in your organisation.
Once we’ve established how well the current processes are working we work with you and your staff to use a number of techniques to improve them.
We aim to give you insights into improvement as we go along.
We've taken over 2,500 students through our Process Improvement Workshop at Leeds University Business School. and Goldman Sachs
Are Process Maps Important in Process Improvement?
Absolutely the building of Business Process Maps means that you draw out from staff their different interpretations of the process and the different words & phrases they use; often to describe the same thing.
As a first step this will make communication about the processes easier.
Once you’ve got an agreed way – the correct steps in the correct order then you can at least ensure everyone knows what needs to be done, when; that’s progress
The next step is to look at how you can improve the steps;
- remove the duplicated steps,
- fix the steps that are broken, poor quality
- identify which steps are bottlenecks
- the steps that no longer add value.
In our experience the best way to improve is to turn your Business Process Map into a Value Stream Map.You can find out more about our Process Mapping Service.
What it can often be missing is how long does the OVERALL PROCESS TAKES.
The Quality of each step in the process is often missing as are the skills and experience required for each step.
If you still have an A-Z, the Process Map, then think of a Value Stream Map as the Sat Nav equivalent
It establishes how long the Overall Process takes. Think about the car journeys you take, you sit in traffic, wait at lights and junctions. You aren't travelling all the time - it's the same with your work processes.
A Value Stream Map also looks at the quality of each step of the process. Have you ever had to the previous department, individual or the customer and ask them to clarify what they need you to do. That's a quality issue.
It will also understand the Skills and Experience required for each stage and identify any bottlenecks.
If you still have an A-Z, the Process Map, then think of a Value Stream Map as the Sat Nav equivalent
Don’t Take Our Word For It – Read What Our Clients Say About Our Process Improvement Services
If you’d like to explore the problems that many organisations have with Processes – feel free to request our Guide to Frustrations – STOP Throwing Time and Effort Away!
These are the things we have discovered, during our years helping others, that stop processes from working, as we’d like. The things that frustrate you, your colleagues, your customers.