You run a successful business, a department, site. Your product and services are liked by
your customers, they return time and again to buy from you. They’ve been loyal over many months and years; they recommend your products and service to others, who like what they see.
Staff have grown as your business has grown. They’ve risen to the challenges, taken on new projects and roles, developed new products and solutions with you.
There is still that one challenge you have; a challenge you and many successful leaders have.
A challenge that you know you if you could just get it under control, the business, the team would deliver more.
Every time you think it’s sorted, it comes back ticking away, counting down.
You believe that if you could just solve this you’d have a business, department, site which is in control.
It’s THE challenge we see and hear about in every project we are asked to consider.
It’s the challenge that we know how to solve, a challenge there is a solution for.
Using our Lean Management techniques combined with our extensive knowledge of Operational Management we know we can help you to finally sort it.
The Challenge we see and hear, is the challenge of TIME; delivering On-Time, Every Time.
It’s the conversation we hear every day when we are out and about with clients. Read the sentences below, do you hear these or similar in your organisation?
- “Can we get this work done by close of play tomorrow?”
- “We’ve been asked to try and speed up our processes, is that possible?”
- “We need to ship this out by Thursday, otherwise there are penalties, it’s already two weeks late”
- “How long? If this doesn’t go by the end of the month we miss our targets”
- “The customer will go elsewhere if it takes too long..”
- “When will this part be in? we need it today, can you call the supplier?”
- “Our competitors have a lead time of 3 weeks can we do better?”
- “We need to do overtime to try and catch the time up, the back log is building again..”
Recognise any of those? Do they sound familiar?
You might have 1,2,3 or more similar conversations every day or week. Conversation which ironically take up your time.
The challenge of getting work completed, reports, and orders delivered On-Time, Every Time, is one we know can be solved, we know how to help you do this.
Lean Management Techniques combined with solid Operational Management training will give you the tools to deliver On-Time, Every Time.
It surely makes sense that after you’ve learnt to deliver On-Time, Every Time, the next step is to grow your business. Deliver more using the techniques you’ve embedded in the organisation.